Booking Policy and Terms
Terms & Conditions
African Travel Escapes.
Registration Number: 2021 / 366625 / 07
Enterprise Name: AFRICAN TRAVEL ESCAPES
Thank you for traveling with African Travel Escapes. These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to any travel Trips and/or services you have booked from African Travel Escapes; the terms and conditions govern the contractual relationship between you (The “Client” and African Travel Escapes “Service Provider”.
Please read these Terms carefully. Booking any Trip with African Travel Escapes, you acknowledge that you) have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. The client who has confirmed the booking is deemed to be the designated contact person for all other clients named in such bookings. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the Client and African Travel Escapes, with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior agreements, representations, and understandings of the parties, written or oral.
A booking is confirmed, and these Terms will apply when African Travel Escapes, has received the deposit from the Client and the Client has received written confirmation from African Travel Escapes of such booking. At the time of booking, the Client confirms that they are 18 years of age or over, and agrees to provide full, complete, and accurate information as requested by African Travel Escapes. to confirm such booking. Any Client confirming a booking on any African Travel Escapes trip with more than one person named and booked on such booking represents and warrants to African Travel Escapes that they have all necessary consents and authority to make such booking on behalf of all other Clients named on the booking, and have communicated all necessary information to the other Clients in order for them to give free and fully informed authorization to do so. The information that they are providing regarding all clients is complete and accurate, and they have obtained all necessary consents and permissions to share such information with African Travel Escapes. for the purposes of completing the booking, and liable to inform all other named Clients on the relevant booking of the applicability of these Terms & Conditions to the booking and the Clients’ relationship with African Travel Escapes. At any time before a booking is confirmed, African Travel Escapes reserves the right to increase or decrease brochure prices of any Trips. African Travel Escapes reserves the right to decline any booking, at its sole discretion.
2. African Travel Escapes Trips
- African Travel Escapes driver (for airport, hotels, testing centre transfers).
- All specified activities, guides & sightseeing admission fees.
- Meals if, included in the trip package.
- 24-hour Travel Agent support
- Items or any other service not included on the inclusive list.
- Additional activities not specified
- Transportation for optional activities and independent sightseeing during the trip is at the client's own cost.
- International Airfare, (unless local flights in the country of destination are stated in the travel package, to travel from one city to the next).
- No extra services will be rendered on the final day of the trip, for example, overnight accommodation, airport drop-off, unless stated in the full travel package.
- Insurance is at the expense of the Client.
- Visa fees
- All Covid-19 tests, Vaccinations, and any other Medical care.
- All meals & beverages not specified
3. Passports and Visas
African Travel Escapes is committed to monitoring and amending an approach to travel during these uncertain times due to the Covid- 19 pandemic.
It is the client’s responsibility to check and fulfill the passport, visa, health, and immigration requirements applicable to the travel destination. African Travel Escapes can only provide general information about this. It is entirely the Client’s responsibility to ensure that all passports and visas are current, valid, and obtained on time. Clients must check requirements for their own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and their own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change, please ensure your information is up to date. African Travel Escapes is not a visa advisory service, and as such does not take responsibility for any delay, cost, or inconvenience caused as a result of incorrect visa information, failure to obtain a visa, or any visa-related service.
African Travel Escapes does not accept any liability for delayed Visas or Visa refusals. Visa approvals are solely at the discretion of the Embassy Concerned. Visas also do not guarantee entry into the country concerned. Customs for destination countries may deny entry on arrival for which African Travel Escapes will not be held liable.
It is entirely the Client’s responsibility to ensure that all passport details supplied to African Travel Escapes mirror those details shown on their passport & ID document for all travel trips. As a guideline, passports should be valid for 6 months after your scheduled return to your home country. African Travel Escapes is not assuming any obligation or liability against any consequences of non-compliance.
African Travel Escapes highly recommends that clients take out comprehensive travel insurance, including “cancel for any reason” to ensure any funds lost can be recovered. It is entirely the Client’s responsibility to ensure that vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactic (e.g. for malaria), A polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for Covid-19, where required, have been obtained on time and is valid for travel. Please check the requirements with the African Travel Escapes before traveling.
You agree that it is your personal decision to travel and that you are doing so with full knowledge of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions with regard to the risk of COVID-19, with you having taken full personal responsibility to inform yourself in relation thereto. African Travel Escapes does not assume any responsibility for and shall not be liable for any unsafe conditions or health hazards, including pandemics or other illnesses to which you may be exposed. African Travel Escapes will, however, use its reasonable endeavors to provide you with the latest travel information available in respect of the regulations, conditions, and supplier terms applicable in relation to COVID-19, as at the time of your booking.
5. Age of Travellers
All travelers must be 18 years of age and above to partake on all travel trips.
6. Payment Methods, Payment Plans & Currencies
- Payments made and instructed either online, remotely, or electronically using the Client’s credit cards shall be deemed final and carry irrevocable client consent. Chargebacks will not be accepted by African Travel Escapes. The Client’s given permission electronically shall be deemed final and irrevocable.
- African Travel Escapes trips are priced in United States Dollar (USD). All payments made using other foreign currencies must equal the value of the trip in USD, African Travel Escapes is not responsible for any currency fluctuations and have no control over this.
- African Travel Escapes offers the Client, flexible payment plans and payment options. Please note your spot on the trip is only reserved once we have received a deposit.
- All payments (payment plan options) are to be paid on the 1st of every month, a payment request will be issued to the Client.
- All payments made, must reflect the expected amount to be received in United States Dollars (USD) to African Travel Escapes.
- All Payments are subject to booking fees charges which are included in the price of the travel package and included in the price of the trip.
- All payments must be made in full no later than 60 days before the commencement of the trip. Clients should refer to the confirmation email sent by African Travel Escapes for details regarding the final payment for any trip booked.
- All payments must be made promptly when due, failure to do so, the Client’s spot on an African Travel Escapes Trip will be processed as a cancellation. African Travel Escapes will contact the client to resolve the issue before it escalates to a cancellation.
7. Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Deposit fees are non-refundable.
- Trips canceled within 24 hours of booking will receive 100% refund.
- Trips canceled within 7 days after booking will receive a 100% refund, No Questions Asked (Excluding non-refundable booking fee).
- Full/total payment of travel package is due 60 days before the trip commences.
7.1 Cancellations & Refunds
Two Refund options include; refund using the method of payment or a travel voucher for later use on another travel package.
- 5 months before departure - 10% charge fee, 90% refund
- 4 months before departure - 20% charge fee, 80% refund
- 3 months before departure - 40% charge fee, 60% refund
- 2 months before departure - 50% charge fee, 50% refund
- 1 months before departure - 60% charge fee, 40% refund
- Trips canceled less than 30 days before the commencement of the trip, will not receive any refund/ all money paid will be forfeited.
8. Law and Jurisdiction
South African law and the jurisdiction of South African courts will govern the relationship between the Client and African Travel Escapes. African Travel Escapes shall be entitled to institute any legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract in a South African Court.
Subject to statutory constraints or compliance with an order of the court, African Travel Escapes undertakes to deal with all Client information of a personal nature on a strictly confidential basis. By using the African Travel Escapes website, Africantravelescapes.com, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms & conditions.
10. Accommodation & Transport Liability
African Travel Escapes has taken the necessary steps to ensure that the health and safety of Clients are not compromised. We are working very closely with our suppliers to ensure that we keep our clients informed with the most up-to-date travel restrictions and policies, as they are being updated. African Travel Escapes acts only as an agent for Accommodation (hotel) & Transport (transfers & land transport) providers that we use during our trips. African Travel Escapes assumes no liability for injury, damage, delay, loss, accident, or irregularity in connection with any hotel or transport provider. Any extra expenses incurred whilst staying at the accommodation (hotel) such as room service, tipping of staff, or charges to the room shall be the responsibility of the individual trip participant to provide for these extra expenses incurred. African Travel Escapes shall in no way be liable for these extra expenses. In the event that we need to provide you with a different accommodation than originally planned, the new accommodation we provide will be of the same expected standards
11. Force Majeure
African Travel Escapes is not obliged to provide a full refund or compensate a Client if African Travel Escapes contractual obligations to a Client are affected by “Force Majeure” once the trip in destination country has commenced or less than 30 days before commencement. For exceptions of the purposes of these Booking Conditions, Force Majeure means any event beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and the threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely at the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labor strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned control. The Client must ensure that their insurance provider covers Force Majeure, as the Client may be able to reclaim these costs.
12. Entire Contract
The Terms & Conditions constitute the entire terms of the relationship between the parties (Client & African Travel Escapes). There exist no other terms, conditions, warranties, representations, guarantees, promises, undertaking or inducements of any nature whatsoever (whether verbal, written, or electronic) regulating the relationship and the Client acknowledges that he/she has not relied on any matter or thing stated on behalf of African Travel Escapes or otherwise that is not included herein.
13. Itinerary - Flexibility, Variations, and Transfers
While every effort is made to keep to the final itinerary, African Travel Escapes reserves the right to make changes/amendments for the Client’s convenience e.g. in some cases, weather conditions can necessitate an alteration in the itinerary and this does not constitute any reason for a refund. African Travel Escapes will communicate such amendments. African Travel Escapes will issue a notification on any modifications to the trip. It is the Client’s responsibility to accept or decline such amendments in writing within 5 working days to African Travel Escapes. The Client acknowledges that booking a trip with African Travel Escapes, requires considerable flexibility and the Client acknowledges and permits reasonable alterations to the itinerary by African Travel Escapes. The Client acknowledges their understanding that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities, and mode of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to circumstances or events, which may include sickness or mechanical breakdown, incidents in the location where the voyage will be operated, flight cancellations, strikes, events emanating from political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme weather and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control. If any drastic change arises from reasons of Force Majeure, as herein defined, the Client will be entitled to recover only the costs of the Trip recoverable by African Travel Escapes.
14. Complaints & Dissatisfaction
In the event of complaints or dissatisfaction, any complaints must be brought to the attention of African Travel Escapes immediately and will be addressed within 24/hours. Complaints must be addressed in writing to the African Travel Escapes email.